PPC is the most fluent and dynamic form of marketing in the advertising world. However, the best PPC practices that brought us results a couple of years ago may not bring the expected outcome today. Why? Because our industry, along with our audience, is continually evolving to get better and adapt to changing marketing tactics. The year 2021 has brought dramatic changes to the advertising paradigm for obvious reasons. Therefore, it has become more than crucial to get familiar with the likes and dislikes of our tech-savvy customers.
In order to do so, we have assorted some of the best practices in PPC marketing that are leading in the industry. So, whether you are a startup or a marketing agency or an entrepreneur seeking help from PPC management services, irrespective of any given case, you need to be on top of the latest trends and features to take your PPC game to a whole new level and beyond.
Automation is one of the biggest trends in Pay-per-click marketing for 2021. It supports the use of Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) to automate labour-intensive tasks associated with Bing and Google ads. The global automation industry is predicted to generate approximately $238B, expanding rapidly with the largest segment. This will increase the market size of automation from 71.5% to 83.2%.
This automation can be used to optimize your PPC campaigns to:
- Avoid low performing ads and prioritize leading ones.
- Generate ad-based customer behaviour and website content.
- Create an ad performance report.
- Calculate the best bidding strategy.
AI is revolutionizing the world in general, and when it comes to PPC, it can help marketers to create effective ad campaigns. Not only that, it is extremely useful to:
- Analyze the bids with maximum traffic.
- Identify the probability of conversion from a given customer.
- Optimize ads, campaigns and keywords for a specific event.
As AI is familiarizing itself with the audience’s behaviour, it is creating more targeted Ads to improve your PPC performance. AI is also super effective in creating reports. Here is how you can create your PPC report in just four steps:
- Link your google ads account.
- Tap on the “create report” button at the reporting tab in the upper corner.
- Add the elements you want in your report with images, texts and your logo.
- Select the metrics (ACoS, Keyword Rank etc.) you want in the format (table, graph) you need.
And Voila! We are done with your PPC report.
Video Ads and PPC
Some of the unbelievable video ads stats for you are below here,
- 58% of the users’ trust brands that have videos more than a brand without them.
- People will remember 95% of the content from a video.
- About 82% of the customer internet traffic comes from video ads.
Looking at these statistics, PPC management companies have started focusing on video advertising. Along with this,
- Businesses are adopting Google’s vertical video Ads.
- Enterprises are linking their products through VR (Virtual Reality), giving a real-time experience to customers.
- Instagram stories in video marketing are dominating every other form.
Bye Pixel, Hello Ads data hub
Pixel technology rarely tracks the effectiveness of ads across mobile devices. Since more than 70% of users watch YouTube on mobile devices, marketers have to rely on third-party pixels to measure their YouTube campaigns. However, Google has now prohibited the use of third party pixels due to security concerns.
Now, the company is investing in Ads data hub. Ads data hub will offer marketers with more comprehensive reporting and understanding of their ads across screens.
While there are certain limitations in the Ads data hub, it can still provide insights into consumer behaviour.
Smart bidding is a sub-element of automated bidding that utilizes machine learning for ad optimization to uphold conversions for the goals you set. Google’s AI will automatically optimize conversions in each auction. All you have to do is tell Google your advertising goals, and Smart bidding will tell you how to get it done within your budget.
Smart bidding works best with these PPC goals:
- Target ROAs- Generating the best ROI on your spend.
- Target CPA- Lead generation in the desired cost per acquisition.
- Maximize Conversions- Increasing conversion rate.
Recently, Google released new smart bidding controls like:
- Campaign level conversion setting
- Maximize conversion
- Seasonality adjustments
In addition to that, Google is about to finalize the release of value rules that will enable PPC campaign management services to differentiate in conversion values based on location, audience and device.
Smart segmentation and Google Admob
Smart segmentation can help gaming app developers in generating revenue for non-spend players. Smart segmentation technology uses machine learning to categorize the users based on the likelihood of their spending money within their app. This way, your ads will only be displayed to players that will make an in-app purchase more likely.
YouTube Masthead on Tv screens
Tv and the internet are longer considered exclusive media. Tv has eventually become the fastest growing screen for YouTube, with more than 250 million watching hours per day. With the introduction of YouTube Masthead, a digital billboard can be placed on YouTube’s homepage for 24 hours on multiple TV screens. Few tips to notice while working with YouTube masthead:
- The masthead on Tv screens is only provided on a CPM basis.
- CTA cannot be added to a masthead ad on Tv screens.
The trends mentioned in this article give life to your PPC campaign. Therefore, If your upcoming projects include PPC advertising, make sure that you look out for these trends. In case you are still a little uncertain, you can seek support from PPC management services that can guide you all the way to the marketing world.