Vakrasana Yoga is a wonderful yoga pose. Vakrasana is made up of two words, Vakra means “curved” and Asana means “yoga”. When you practice the method of Vakrasana, your spine is curved or bent so it is known as Spinal Twist Pose or Half Spinal Twist Pose.
Vakrasana is a simple yoga asana, but still, this asana helps you stretch the muscles of the lower abdomen, and Vakarasana benefits body parts such as the liver, intestines, kidneys, ovaries, pancreas, and stomach.
Vakrasana benefits people who are suffering from diabetes, and if you practice Vakrasana regularly on a daily basis, it will help you eliminate belly fat.
How to do Vakrasana Yoga Pose?
- First, sit in a position and spread your legs.
- Bend your left leg with your knees and then place your foot near the right knee.
- Exhale and then bend your waist to the left and make sure that your spine is straight.
- Then, place your right hand towards the left leg, and you place it in such a way that the outer side of the right-hand touches the outer side of the left leg.
- Move your left hand back and place your palm on the floor.
- Then, you need to do the same on the other side. You can practice Vakrasana two to three times.
- While practicing “Vakrasana Yoga Pose” you should exhale while rotating the body. Do not breathe in a hurry, try to breathe peacefully and slowly, and try to maintain posture in the last stage. And inhale while you are returning to the starting position.
Benefits of Vakrasana Yoga Pose
- For the spine- Vakrasana yoga is beneficial for your spine and back veins. When you practice Vakrasana, it helps to create stretch and pressure on your back and spine muscles and nerves. So it improves your back and spine muscles and nerves.
- The lung becomes strong- Vakrasana is beneficial for our lungs, it is an important part of the body. The more oxygen that goes into your body with the breath, the more healthy the body remains. Therefore, it helps to improve the health of your lungs.
- It helps treat other health problems such as neck pain, back pain, and headaches.
- Vakrasana helps in increasing flexibility in the body and reducing stiffness in the body. Especially those who have a firm body should practice Vakrasana.
- Vakrasana benefits people who are suffering from diabetes. When you practice Vakrasana, it acts as a massage of the abdominal organs which includes the pancreas.
- It helps in treating health problems like arthritis, diabetes, and constipation. People who have diabetes should practice Vakrasana daily.
- It is beneficial for people with a slipped discs and mild cases of sciatica.
- This yoga is extremely beneficial for those who are going through back pain. Especially those who are in pain due to back and forward bending yoga asanas.
- Vakrasana helps to correct the headache problem. When you practice Vakrasana, it helps circulate blood to various organs including your brain, and it helps relieve headaches.
- Vakarasana helps to improve the digestive process due to rotating and shrinking of the digestive system, your digestive system releases more digestive juices that enhance the digestive process.
- Vakrasana enhances bladder health and prevents urinary infections. Also, this asana helps to ensure the flow of blood, nutrients, and oxygen to the urinary tract.
- The parts of your body that benefit from Vakrasasana are the back, hands, spine, abdomen, and shoulders. To gain more benefits, you can become part of a yoga school in Rishikesh.
Caution while practicing Vakrasana Yoga Asana
- When you are practicing Vakrasana Yoga, try to reduce the speed in the back part. This will help you practice Vakrasana in a much better way and will help you get maximum Vakrasana benefits.
- When you practice Vakrasana yoga, make sure that you do not put extra pressure on your spine. Do it correctly.
- When practicing Vakrasana, make sure your shoulders are equal. While practicing Vakrasana Yoga, your back should be straight.
- Do not practice this asana if you have a spinal cord injury.
- If you have a hernia, do not do this asana.
- Avoid back posture if you have back pain.
- Do not do asana if you have a peptic ulcer.
- Do not practice Vakrasana after two to three months of pregnancy.
- Do not practice Vakrasana if you are suffering from slipped disc or sciatica, knee pain, heart or brain problems, neck pain, and stomach pain.
- Do not practice Vakrasana in case of abdominal area surgery.
Asanas before practicing Vakrasana Yoga
Points need to be remembered while practicing Vakrasana
- This yoga requires flexibility in the body. If a person is flexible, he can do it easily.
- To get the maximum benefit of Vakrasasana, your back should be stable while practicing this asana.
- While practicing Vakrasana, the final position of the posture should be done properly and keep your back straight.
- Vakrasana is one of the best asanas for the spine.
- Vakrasasana is wonderful for a diabetic patient, apart from it, it is also suitable for individuals suffering from spondylosis, anorexia, menstrual disorders, cervix, indigestion, and constipation.
- Vakrasana helps in supplying oxygen and nutrients. Simultaneously or in the pelvic region helps to increase blood circulation. It is good for fertility in women.
- If you practice, keep in mind that you should do Vakrasna Yoga Pose in the right way.
If you keep a desire to learn more about yoga poses, you can join 200 hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh to go in-depth about yoga poses.