Looking for the complete process to apply for the Canadian Student Visa? If yes, we request you to be on this web page and note down every relevant thing you are going to read. Canada is a popular country among Indians and several other international students for the study purpose. Approx 1,30,000 candidates landed in Canada for higher studies.
Canada offers high-standard quality education, research programs, interactive sessions, and opportunities for international collaborations. The process of applying to these universities for Student VISA is simple but still, you need to fulfill every criterion with utmost care. One negligence from your end leads you into big trouble. Thus, we recommend you follow the necessary steps mentioned in the article.
It also helps you to figure out which university is best? What is the requirement of a student VISA? What will be the documents? Let’s figure it out!
Application Process to Get Study Visa for Canada
To make the inquiries related to expenses, scholarship schemes offered by Canadian universities including every necessary inquiry, connect with the Canada study visa consultants in Jalandhar.
The prime task of every candidate is to check if there is any need to apply for a student visa in Canada. You must be familiar with the concept there is no requirement to apply for a Canadian study visa if the following situations imply:
- If you are a staff employee or a family member of an international representative in Canada (Accredited by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and Development Canada).
- If you are a part of foreign armed forces from the visiting forces act.
- You select the study course that is less than 6 months.
- You have an Indian status registered in Canada but you are a native of another country.
A Student visa or study permit is different from a regular Canada visa. If you have a desire to enter or travel to Canada, you have to apply for a travel visa. Ask Canada visa consultants in Jalandhar for more queries over the same.
The next task is to select the right Canadian university to initiate the study visa application process. There are numerous prestigious universities that offer post-graduate, undergraduate, and short-term courses. Eligibility, fees, selection method, etc vary from universities to universities. You need to check the authorized websites of universities, find out the courses, and read all the necessary requirements. Figure out whether you are eligible to enroll in those particular courses or not.
Here are we have mentioned the top 5 best Canadian Universities declared by The Times Higher Education:
- University of Toronto
- University of British Columbia
- Montreal’s McGill University
- McMaster University
- University of Montreal
The next task you need to do is to apply to a Canadian university and request acceptance. You need an acceptance letter to file a student VISA. You can contact the professionals of Canada visa consultants in Jalandhar and ask your questions.
Now it is time to apply for a Canadian student visa after getting a letter of acceptance. A Student visa is also known as a study permit. Proceed with the below-stated steps to complete the application procedure:
- Visit the official website of citizenship & immigration Canada (CIC) and apply online.
- If you are unable to apply online, you are entitled to send the visa application documents offline with the help of a post.
- Submit an acceptance letter from a recognized Canadian university.
- Provide valid evidence of financial resources to support your education in Canada such as expenses of tuition fees, accommodation charges, food, travel, and others.
- Produce the proof to confirm you have no criminal record.
- Validation of medical records ensuring you have good fitness.
- Fill student permit application form
- An acceptance letter
- A valid passport
- A letter of intent
- Two Passport-size Photographs (Mention the name & date of birth on the back)
- Financial evidence
- Proof of submitting study permit fee
Canadian universities need a testament of English language proficiency from international students. IELTS Academic, PTE Academic, TOEFL, and C1 Advanced are the accepted language tests in Canada.
You may have to fulfill the biometrics requirement at a Visa Application Centre. Although, it is entirely based on your nationality. Some countries are exempt from the Biometrics Requirement. You might be called for an interview as well. You have to submit the fee to local visa application centers for using these services. If you still have doubts, you can get clearance from the Immigration consultants in Jalandhar.
So, this is the full procedure to apply for a Canadian study visa. Now, it’s time to wait for approval. The Processing time to get a student visa is usually 90 days. It could be less than 90 days but that entirely depends upon your country. Make sure to follow every step carefully and submit the relevant documents to get a study visa on time.