Eye Movement and Rehabilitation (EMDR) is a widely accepted treatment method in the medical environment. Shapiro has developed this system as an effective technology to reduce post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). But now it is used in many different situations.
What is EMDR Therapy?
Shapiro developed the drug in a very methodical way and explained the various stages of EMDR, which helped the therapist to systematically treat it. For contact us click here emdr schweiz The different stages of treatment  are described below.
- The first stage of EMDR is the client’s medical history and treatment plan. The detailed history can help doctors determine the client’s readiness and identify any side effects that caused their problems. By analyzing dysfunctional behaviors, signs, and symptoms, doctors can determine appropriate treatment goals. The goal of paying attention to customers’ potential diseases is the top priority of progress.
- The second stage is called preparation, in which the therapist establishes a therapeutic relationship with the client. The therapist can help you set a reasonable level of expectation. It uses special self-control techniques to train individuals to close incomplete sessions and maintain stability between and during sessions. The therapist will instruct the client to use metaphors and stop symptoms in order to gain a sense of control during the treatment process. The therapist can explain the client’s symptoms and can also make the patient understand the function of the injury.
- The assessment is the third stage, in which the client and the therapist jointly determine the target memory for a specific course. The patient is then instructed to recognize the most intuitive image related to the memory and will help him present the negative meaning associated with it, thereby providing information about the absurdity of the particular event. There are also positive beliefs that are in line with the goal and run counter to his/her experience.
- The Cognitive Impairment Verification (VOC) and the Personal Cognitive Impairment Unit (SUDS) were evaluated to understand the applicability of positive knowledge (as long as it believes that the specific statement is correct for the target memory) and the difficulty of storing the memory. . Both of these assessments are used as key indicators. During the evaluation phase, emotional and physical sensations related to traumatic memories are also recorded.
- In the fourth stage of welfare, it is estimated that the customer’s traumatic event will change the emotional and organizational experience related to the injury. (emdr schweiz) Enhancing self-worth and driving perspective is also part of this stage. At this stage, the customer is required to watch the target scene and eye movements, and the customer is required to remain open to what is happening. After each eye movement, the customer is instructed to take a deep breath and order to give up focus. Based on the client’s response, the doctor will continue to pay attention to him and guide the time, speed and type of stimulation used.
- In the fifth stage, the installation stage, the therapist tries to increase positive cognitive abilities to replace negative people. Before VOCs reach 7 or the effectiveness of environmental science, the best cognitive development is combined with the elements that both parties have already played in the stimulus plan.
- The sixth stage is to request the client to submit a facial scan to determine whether any Somali response believes that the remnants of the crisis related to the target event are still waiting. If so, the therapist’s goal is to make this body have additional functions.
- When the recovery is incomplete, shutting down is the seventh stage of the self-discipline technique previously introduced? This helps restore people to equality. At this stage, the therapist will explain the expectations between the two sessions, and maintain a gap between the two sessions to use these goals (if additional sessions are needed). Re-evaluation is the eighth stage of reviewing the most effective treatment effects and ensuring other goals.
How Does EMDR Work ?
As the treatment method is widely accepted in the treatment, many questions have been raised about its effectiveness, work strategy and methods used. Regarding the working principle of EMDR, Shapiro  drew our attention to Pavlov’s hypothesis that traumatic memory will cause changes in the nervous system, leading to restlessness, mental imbalance, and its position in the memory. Changes in nutritional factors hinder the development of neurological information, making it impossible to make decisions. Therefore, memory will remain in the original power of production and brain interaction. When saccades are accompanied by images and cognitive memory, neural balance and recurrence of neurological diseases will be restored. This facilitates the technical processing of information about this traumatic event, which leads to changes in images, knowledge, and stress levels. But Shapiro’s definition has many problems because it cannot fully explain how to develop neuropathology to deal with tragic events and the return of blood clots during EMDR, and how to process information.
Another study that provides further explanation for EMDR treatment is based on the principle of solution.  Before explaining how EMDR works, the principle of resolution should be used to explain the side effects of injury. (emdr schweiz) He believes that it is not only the traumatic event itself, but also the perception of the traumatic event. The traumatic event creates an unforeseen threat and an unconditional emotional response to terrorism. In this case, it is impossible to confront without unconditional activation. The memory event consciously represents the relative atmosphere of the traumatic event. That is, thoughts or explanations related to a specific trauma (for example, I don’t help) and stimuli in the environment that represents the trauma target represent stimuli to the situation.
When individuals sharing the reserve content produce a cognitive response (CS2), a general stimulus occurs, that is, the general stimulus pattern that a person receives when injured (CS1) is the same. Emphasize in the same way. The consistency of response will be a way to create a horror experience and enhance CS stimulation. In PTSD cancellation, cancellation is impossible, and CS should not have unconditional stimuli (US) to bring refreshing emotional responses. As mentioned earlier, in general, exciting traumatic memories not only show stress but also strengthen the relationship between them. As a result, the CS-US relationship still exists.