You are not going to scroll into one of the most comprehensive guides to eCommerce SEO on the web.
You might be a:
- An SEO manager for a massive eCommerce company looking to demonstrate the ROI of SEO.
- A small online business owner who tries to find out scrappy paths to make your business grow.
- Or a growth marketer who is looking to increase traffic in high-effective and innovative ways.
It is the post that is right for you!
Most of the online shops are put together with little to no consideration of the search engines despite the fact that SEO has the highest ROI of any eCommerce marketing campaign.
We now depend on social media or paid ads instead. It needs a constant effort and stream of income that is great!
Once you rank, you practically make sales on autopilot with no recurring expenses, as SEO requires effort upfront.
It is a simplification. Doesn’t this idea make you sleepy?
What is SEO, and Why Should You Care?
The scientific art of optimizing your website around specific keywords in order to rank higher in search results such as Google is what SEO or search engine optimization is.
The answer to all of the questions of the searchers as that the goal of Google is to rank search results so that they need not have to return back to Google for the other answer.
So, how will you get this done?
- To the widest range of questions around the topic, reveal the most thorough answers.
- To explain your points, use better images, videos, as well as examples.
- Through a faster site, a better mobile experience, a more intuitive interface, etc., offering a better user experience.
- Make people start linking with you.
1. E-commerce Keyword Research
The first step in an e-commerce SEO campaign is keyword research.
One of the two things will happen here if you get this part wrong:
- You will not make it to page one, and you will target keywords that are too difficult to rank for.
- For keywords that do not get a lot of traffic or do not cause customers to buy, you will rank accordingly.
Keyword research is the most vital thing as this will make sure that you are targeting keywords that are fairly easy to rank for, have decent search volume, and have higher conversion rates, as neither of these situations is ideal.
How do you perform e-commerce keyword research, find the keyword difficulty or KD, and search volume by uncovering the buyer intent is what you are probably wondering here?
There are generally three ways here:
- Competitor research
- SEO tools
2. eCommerce Site Architecture
It is time to place that information into action once you know the right keywords to target.
It commences with the architecture of your site.
The way in which you set up your navigation, category pages, and product pages is what e-commerce site architecture or structure is. It is about getting the best, more relevant content in front of users and reducing the number of times they have to click to find it at its core.
To a great site structure, there are generally two golden rules, and they are to make it scalable and simple:
- To get to from any other page, no page should take more than three clicks.
- Create highly relevant page URLs and subdirectories with the use of keyword research.
3. An On-Page SEO Strategy for Ecommerce Sites
It is all about making sure that your keywords are in the right place is what on-page SEO for e-commerce is. To make sure Google knows exactly what your page is about, it is just a way here.
The following are three strategies that are included here:
- On-page SEO for e-Commerce category pages.
- On-page SEO for e-Commerce product pages.
- On-page SEO for your blog content.
As it also helps you in appearing in other Search Engine Results Page or SERP features, on-page SEO is important.
On reviews and images is what the e-commerce website should focus on, as found on SEMrush.
4. How To Perform Technical SEO Audits For Ecommerce Websites
It is not only about keywords when it comes to SEO. The technical side, including the site speed, user experience, working links, and mobile-friendliness, are also there in SEO.
It is really just about offering the best possible experience for your users in the end.
Google ultimately cares for this only!
So, how do you improve your technical SEO by performing an e-commerce SEO audit?
We always wanted to mention the SEO tools that are highly recommended to do things right before we get into the how-to of things:
- Google Analytics.
- Google Search Console.
- Beam Us Up (or Screaming Frog).
- Barracuda Panguin Tool.
- Title Tag Pixel Width Checker.
5. Local SEO for Ecommerce Retailers
If you have a physical store or just want more local site traffic, local SEO can give you a nice boost while not applicable to everyone.
There are mainly twoaspects that we will be covering here:
- Claiming your Google My Business profile.
- Building local citations.
6. Content Marketing
The best kind of marketing that is loved by all is content marketing. The following are the stats involved here:
- 40% of marketers say blogging is their #1 strategy
- 75% of people would rather learn about a company through an article than an advert
- 70% of consumers are more positive about a specific business after the content consumption from it
7. Link Building For Online Retailers
The following are the two ranking factors that Google cares about more than anything…
It is a bit more complicated and time-consuming than simply making a tweak to your website as they are considered off-page SEO.
To those who acquire these links, you will have to collaborate with other bloggers and website owners.
The following are four unique link-building opportunities:
- Resource page link building.
- Partnering with influencers.
- Broken link building.
- Stealing competitor’s links.
They have been the most effective for us and also easiest to learn, while these are not the only link-building methods involved here.
8. Measuring SEO Success for An Ecommerce Website
You are not alone is you think that how do we know that our SEO efforts are working?
You cannot immediately calculate ROI after a day of ad spends; SEO is not as cut and dry as PPC.
The following are the two things that you can do in order to track your rankings:
- To track them, use an SEO tool like Ahrefs.
- In your analytics account, you can now create an SEO dashboard.
Title: Can Simple SEO Rules Improve The Organic Traffic Of Your E-Commerce Website
Desc: Currently, eCommerce is the most trending business but it needs online marketing. Let’s check Can Simple SEO Rules Improve Organic Traffic Of Your E-Commerce Website